Monday, October 6, 2008

My weekend

This past weekend was awesome! Why you might ask? Did I do well in some race? Did I manage an epic ride? Au contrare - the weather was cool and sunny, but mostly it was awesome because it was my 6th wedding anniversary and birthday. In that order. All weekend.

So in other words, for the most part, it was all about me.

First thing Saturday morning we took Charlotte out to Country Sun Farms in Stillwater to hang out with some friends from the adoption community. The kids ran around feeding animals, getting their pictures taken and generally being cute. The sun was out and it was a beautiful day. We took a hayride and then did some pumpkin shopping.

Once home Tracy and I hung out while Charlotte napped. Then I started our anniversary dinner. The pictures looked amazing and the recipes sounded easy enough, so I began my work.

Spice-Rubbed Rib-Eye Kabobs with Salsa Verde
Asparagus with Sherry-Bacon Vinaigrette
Smashed Sweet Potatoes with Maple-Glazed Walnuts

Charlotte went to bed and our meal was ready. It smelled so good and was fairly easy to make.









After dinner and wine we watched our wedding DVD and laughed our assess off!

In the morning I awoke to Charlotte giving me a card and bag of candy corn. Then we headed for Alberville for some shopping. There I got some clothes and shoes and Charlotte was a real trooper for all the walking around we did.

Charlotte fell asleep eating lunch on the way home and I did some more work on the door of the MINI once we arrived home. We hung out with our neighbor Carlos for a bit - Charlotte has a crush on him I think (competition Scott??!). And then we met Scott and Sue at The Italian Pie shop for dinner.

It was a great weekend with family and friends with perfect weather. I'm very happy to be surrounded by such love and friendships.

Thank you all!

You can see more pictures and Tracy's recap of the weekend over here.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! I've got my anniversary really close to my birthday (and Teri's birthday too). Nice, ain't it?

    Q: What do you enjoy more, mowing or cooking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. mowing or cooking? How 'bout mowing while the food is cooking?!

    Heck yeah.

    ReplyDelete

Events on the BCR calendar