Friday, June 13, 2008

Happy Friday the 13th!

Friday the 13th is considered a day of bad luck in English-, French- and Portuguese-speaking countries around the world, as well as in Austria, Germany, Estonia, Finland, The Netherlands, Belgium, Republic of Ireland, Poland, Bulgaria, Denmark, Iceland, Sweden, Norway, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia, Hungary, and the Philippines.

Are you scared?
The fear of Friday the 13th is called paraskavedekatriaphobia,[1], a word derived from the concatenation of the Greek words Paraskeví (Παρασκευή) (meaning Friday), and dekatreís (δεκατρείς) (meaning thirteen), attached to phobía (φοβία) (meaning fear). The term is a specialized form of triskaidekaphobia, a simple phobia (fear) of the number thirteen appearing in any case.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_the_13th

I don't have much to report today. The last couple of weeks have been spent away from the bike and the gym. I've doing some work on a friend's bike lately. I gave him some parts off the Grizzly that weren't being used. The new (used) parts helped solve some problems he was having with his ride.

Wednesday night I caught part of the men's crit in St. Paul and happened to see the ref's motorcycle come sliding through the corner, sparks flying, and take out one racer from behind. Shortly after the race was called, with Stage 1 actually being the next day's race. The purse was donated to the Children's Hospital. Nicely done.

Tonight I'm heading in to MPLS to catch the crit. This time the weather looks much better, so the racing action should be fast.

As far as my racing schedule goes, I'll be missing the Dirt Spanker race on the 22nd, but I'll be back in action on the 29 for the Mankato Race. That gives me plenty of time to ride....

I got a new flatter, longer stem for the Taurine! I haven't tried it on the trail just yet. Maybe this weekend?

If you're reading this and what to ride Saturday morning at 10am, give me a call.

I'll post up some pics from the NVGP race shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Events on the BCR calendar