Wednesday, February 6, 2008

To start things off

For most of my readers, the following info won't be new, but to those who might have stumbled upon this here's a bit about me.

Age: 32
My dad owns a bike shop in Duluth - Twin Ports Cyclery. I grew up in the shop, mostly sales, but spent some time in the basement wrenching as well. Needless to say, I feel comfortable around bikes.
Cycling since age 10 when did my first double-century; TOMRV10.
First mountain bike in 1992 - Bridgestone MB1
MTB Racing since 1993
I mostly race in the MNSCS but have done a couple other races outside the series.
I'm currently competing at the Comp level, where I've been for about 4 years. I managed to finish 3rd overall two years in a row. After that my performance dropped quite a bit.
I've done 2 CX races and would love to do more.
In 2001 I co-founded Bent Crank Racing, a local mountain bike team for friends. Through BCR we've managed to donate almost $1000 to MORC by hosting the Lebanon Hills TT for 3 years.
In 2007 my wife and I adopted a beautiful little girl from China and are absolutely loving being parents.
I've been driving MINI Coopers since 2002. When they first came out we had the 64th MINI in MN. We currently drive a 2004 MINI Cooper S (the 2002 Cooper died last year) and are currently awaiting delivery of our 2008 MINI Cooper Clubman.
I have two cats.

I recently purchased a new mountain bike and that has given a little more motivation this season to maybe actually train this year. I thought maybe if I had a blog to help keep track of what I was doing for training, it might help keep me motivated.

So that's me in a nutshell. Check back for progress(?) or not. Have some suggestions, drop me a comment.

8 comments:

  1. Dude - we both need to get to the gym more. That will help for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you really wanted us to make fun of you you would post metrics - wieight, shoe size, miles ridden etc. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. So will we need to stop calling your 'Grizzly' and start calling you 'The Canon', or something thereof?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, your saying the Klein was not motivation enough!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, we need a weekly weight update.

    ReplyDelete
  6. tybo - would you like the metrics in english and metric?!

    dan - Grizzly could still work, just in a different form....maybe Super Grizz?

    myb - what's a Klein? =p

    ReplyDelete
  7. How bout 'Grizz-lite'?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Finally!

    Now it is a blog for I have posted on it...

    ReplyDelete

Events on the BCR calendar